Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Cake Mix Cookies: Chocolate

So something I have made recently for the first time is:  Cake Mix Cookies.  So what is this amazing creation you ask... well its exactly how it sounds, silly goose.  Cookies that are made from cake mix:)

So I went to Food Lion and picked out a chocolate Devil's Food cake mix and also a Classic Yellow Cake Mix.  I found a recipe on a really cool Blog: sixsisterstuff.com.  I recommend you definitely check that out by the way. It's awesome:)

So using their recipe, I decided to use the chocolate cake mix to make cookies first.

First, I preheated the oven to 350 degrees. Then, I added the whole box of cake mix into a mixing bowl.  Then I whisked together 2 eggs and 1/3 cup of vegetable oil in a separate bowl.  After that I poured the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry cake mix.

Its a bit crumbly so feel free to dig in with your hands! :)

Once its mixed completely, I pulled out my handy-dandy Tablespoon measuring spoon (mines perfectly round) and scooped out some cookies!  Popped them on a cookie sheet and put them in the oven for 6-8 minutes and VOILA.  Yummy chocolate cookies....Okay, they are actually quite interesting, I would say they are like a combination of:

A brownie and chocolate cake (with texture) and the cookie part of an Oreo (with taste).

Let me just say it would be delicious with a glass of milk (and I don't even really like milk..haha)

Also I was thinking I could make it even more interesting by adding some vanilla frosting in between two cookies.  BAMM..its a homemade Oreo. That's quick and easy.

Oh and also this recipe made about 30 cookies! Once again...AWESOME. :)
Here's a little picture!



Until next time!
--Miranda Rose

PS. My future baking victims: Homemade Macarons with Salted Caramel Filling!! And Cake Mix Chocolate Chip Cookies!! Can you say YUMMM?? I can...and I plan to very soon. lol
Stay tuned!!




No comments:

Post a Comment