Thursday, November 14, 2013

#2 Gingerbread Cut- out cookies

I found the recipe Here.

I substituted the 1/4 teas all spice for 1/8 teas cloves and 1/8 teas nutmeg.  I also used coconut oil instead of shortening.

I chilled the dough in the refrigerator for 2 hours and also preheated the stone in the oven.

Also, I lowered the temperature to 350* and baking time to 7 minutes because the first batch burned. (400* for 8 minutes)

I noticed the first two batches didn't rise or crack in the oven, but a few of the cookies in the third batch did.

Made a little over 20 cookies.

In comparison to #1 Gingerbread cookies recipe:

The dough seemed more oily.  Dough was harder to work with, and isn't as sweet or spicy. Just a molasses taste.

Overall, I love the #1 Gingerbread recipe, and will continue making those instead!




No comments:

Post a Comment